Thursday, February 21, 2013

Sandestin Gumbo Festival

   This last weekend we were able to go to the Sandestin Gumbo Festival!!! I think the festival came just in time to get us hyped up about Louisiana cuisine! If we're going to Ft Polk, I might as well get excited about something and what better thing to get excited about than FOOD! Saturday was the main event where tons of different people/restaurants entered into the taste test contest. We, of course, had to try every single kind of gumbo to get the full effect and get our moneys worth! Lets just say, that our taste buds were fully satisfied and by the end of the day Forrest looked like he was carrying our 3rd baby, haha!!

   We enjoyed the day with our new friends Lauren and Andrew :). There are some people that you meet and instantly know you're going to be great friends, and they are definitely those friends to us! Praise Jesus for networking in the military community and knowing that you could possibly get re-staioned with them somewhere else! You guys know you guys want to come to Ft Polk ;)! Anyways, back to the festival....we had a great time, ate way too much, shivered through the wind and made great memories! Camylle was a little trooper the whole time and went into hyper mode once she was rewarded with a little frozen yogurt! Hope you enjoy all the pics!


First sample of gumbo!

Jamming out with the band. 

Fam bam pic :).

Lauren & Andrew! 

More gumbo!!

A little blurry but still a good one!

We got the last sample of gumbo from this place and the head chef/owner was VERY talkative! But I'm sure cooking and drinking all day would make anyone this chipper, haha! 

I asked Forrest to take a pic...... and he instantly started clicking away. 


Haha man oh man, yeah this is what our husbands signed up for! ;)

Finally a normal shot :)!

Crazy little bug-a-boo!

Haha Camylle was being a little kook with Lauren's scarf! 

My main squeeze :D!

More scarf adventures! 

Love this one :). 

This ain't no mumbo gumbo!! Haha this sign was cracking me up! 

Both looking a little preggers after all the gumbo!!!  ;)

   I'm really happy that we decided to go to the festival because we had such a fun time! Now I know a little of what to expect when we head to Louisiana next month! Wowza, I can't believe we move so soon. Thank you Army for keeping us on our toes and keeping our marriage fresh with all these adventures!

   Everything else in the Hull house is going really well. Forrest has gotten 100% on his last 6 tests and only has 3 more left! We are hoping to have the movers pack us up on the 18th & 19th of March but we'll know for sure hopefully by next week when we're actually able to schedule it. His graduation is still on March 22nd and he is super excited about it! Camylle is growing and talking A LOT! Her teachers say she is "so sweet" and very social. Baby girl #2 is growing and taking up all the room in my tummy like she owns the place, haha! I feel like I'm running out of room and I still can't believe I'm gonna get bigger! I mean, I can believe it but just don't want to, haha! She'll be here in just a couple short months!! I am doing well and have been working at organizing all the little things before the move. We still don't have a place in LA but I'm sure the perfect place will come up soon :).

   Hope you enjoyed our Gumbo festival adventures! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment